Things to do in Blackpool
If you’re looking for summer holiday ideas or want to make plans for the weekend, here are just a few of the super things you can do– from Nickelodeon Land to The Blackpool Tower – just waiting for you to see!
Big days out
The Blackpool Tower – The iconic centre point of this famous resort was constructed in 1894 and is 518ft tall.
Blackpool Winter Gardens – The Winter Gardens offers a variety of fun and activities for everyone, all year round.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Nickelodeon Land – Get your adrenaline pumping on the thrilling rides, or take the kids to Nickelodeon Land, where they can meet characters from their favorite TV shows – including SpongeBob Square Pants!
Blackpool Zoo – Meet all your favourite animals and have a wild day out with the big cats, elephants, giraffes and gorillas.
Sandcastle Waterpark – A day out at Sandcastle Waterpark – the UK’s largest indoor waterpark – will see you get a little wet but the kids will love it and we reckon you will too!
Blackpool would not be Blackpool without the traditional donkey rides and horse drawn carriages so why not take the little princess for a tour along the prom in her very own carriage or let the prince ride his very own horse( err!! donkey) along the beach.
Free things to do in Blackpool
Blackpool Beach – Take a walk on Blackpool’s very own Blue Flag beach, or take your buckets and spades and make a day of it. Bring your bikes and go for a ride along the promenade, stop off for some rock pooling under the piers or sit for a while and enjoy the peace , the sandy beach and the views.
SUNDAY TO FRIDAY – CHILDREN WELCOME
The GR8 hotel offers accommodation close to the heart of Blackpool, there’s no need to walk miles and miles to get to the attractions that Blackpool has to offer.
The GR8 hotel is walking distance to Blackpool town centre with an array of various attractions such as the Sea Life Centre, Blackpool Tower, The Blackpool dungeon and Coral Island– not forgetting it is virtually opposite the beach!
The GR8 is located centrally to all 3 of Blackpool’s piers and is approximately a 7 minute drive away from Blackpool Zoo and the Pleasure Beach; although if you are wanting to take in the sites of Blackpool then Pleasure Beach is only about a 20 minute walk down the promenade.
The central location of this hotel means it is opposite the coach station, one of Blackpool’s main car parks and walking distance to Blackpool North Train Station.
We offer a set rate all year round so no matter what time of year you wish to get away and relax, the GR8 Hotel is always an affordable price for the family. We pride ourselves on offering a great fun filled family holiday to our guests and we provide many activities available for all children ranging from games machines to colouring books. Sky T.V is available in the bar with all the kids channels or movies or sports for the mums and dads. Freeview is available in the lounge. We have a Dvd player with a selection of Children’s Dvd’s .
Tea and coffee served all day in the bar and free squash for the kids all day. We now have available to purchase from the bar Starbucks, Barista and a selection of other types of coffee at a low price.
At The GR8 Hotel we have music each night so whilst the children dance away the parents can enjoy a relaxing drink in our comfortable bar or lounge area. To get you fuelled up for a fun filled day out in Blackpool our rates also include a home cooked full English breakfast with a variety of different options for the entire family.
The GR8 Hotel aims to please all of our fabulous customers. This year we will have a set rate all year round for midweek stays. At these prices, it’s an offer that cannot be refused!. Prices stated below are per person per night including Bed & Breakfast and en-suite rooms. Travel cots are available and children’s seats in the dining room.(please ask for these at booking)
|Adults||Children||Free Child Under 4|
– Prices exclude Bank Holidays.
Please note that The GR8 Hotel is Adults only Friday to Sunday.
Check In & Check Out Times.
- Rooms are available from 2pm.
- Rooms must be vacated by 10:30a.m.
- The Hotel will store luggage for early arrivals and late departures but this must be pre-arranged. The GR8 Hotel accepts no responsibility for theft, loss or damage to stored luggage.
- No reduction is made for temporary absence, meals not taken or premature departure for any reason, nor for accommodation not required after confirmation of booking.
- The GR8 Hotel reserves the right to charge any individual causing willful damage to hotel property.
Rates & Child Rates
- Child Rates are based on children under the age of 12.
- Anyone over the age of 12 years will be charged the full adult rate.
- We cannot reserve specific room numbers but we will do our utmost to comply with your request for position, floor, facilities etc.
- There are No designated smoking rooms within The GR8 Hotel.
- All areas within the GR8 are strictly non-smoking.
- We cannot accommodate pets. Guide dogs are the only dogs we allow but they must not be left unattended or left in the room.
- The GR8 Hotel does not have parking facilities.
- There is a public car park directly opposite the hotel
Up to 12 hours Cars £12 Up to 18 hours Cars £13 Up to 24 hours Cars £14 Up to 48 hours Cars £15 Up to 72 hours Cars £17 Up to 96 hours Cars £20